Online Library Catalog Systems
We are now going to explore the PAC library's OPAC, or online catalog. Your best approach to this will probably be to print out this page and take it with you to the library. Locate the catalog terminals, have a seat, and begin reading through these instructions. I will number the steps to help you avoid getting lost...
- Welcome to the catalog! You are probably looking at a blank screen. This is the screen saver. To turn it off, hit the enter key.
- Okay, that's the wrong enter key. It is large and obvious, but on this keyboard it simply returns the cursor to the beginning of the line. The real enter key is the bottom key directly below what you just hit. There is also a functional enter key at the right end of the keyboard and part of the number keypad.
- You are now looking at the introductory page of the library catalog system for the entire ACCD. Notice what it says in the top right corner of your screen: ALL library catalogs.
- Notice that all the potential types of searches are listed here, along with sample searches which you could try typing in.
- Notice at the bottom, it says that you can narrow your search by first typing in SET CAT. Try it.
- Now you have a page of choices. You want number 2 for PAC, so type 2 and hit enter.
- Now look at the top right corner of your screen and you will notice that it says PAC CATALOG.
Please send comments to:
Colby Glass, MLIS
You are visitor
to this page!
FastCounter by LinkExchange
Ozuna LRC |
Information Studies |
Philosophy On The Web |
Palo Alto College