1. Ruth's investment failed. What had she missed? List the five mistakes she had made.
2. What is the cardinal rule of the Information Age?
3. What are the seven sure-fire ways to spot bogus or distorted information?
4. What are the six signs of information manipulation?
5. What is a domain name? And what does its extention tell you?
6. What are some criteria for evaluating a web site?
7. What are the differences between vanity, gray, and scholarly publishing?
8. What do you think is the single most important reason to study research and information studies? Why?
9. What are the four revolutions in information which have occurred so far? How did the meaning of information change with the invention of the printing press?
10. What are "stacks?" What is unique about Palo Alto College's library stacks?
11. It is time to take a tour of a library. For help see PAC Library. If possible, come to the PAC Library for your tour. Now is a good time, since you will be at a library, to do a lot of research for your paper. Remember the first draft is due in week 8.