Please write the number of the correct answer after each number of the question on a lined piece of paper. Please place your name and the date at the top of the page before turning it in. Thank you...
1. Warrantability (circle one)
2. Please match the following:
b. Correspondence test
c. Coherence test
d. Pragmatic test
e. Creativity test
___ 1. To be true, a proposition must correspond to an object or event
___ 2. The general term for evidence or justification for making a truth claim
___ 3. Truth must not only work, but also bear fruit
___ 4. Measures the coherence and consistency among statements within a system
___ 5. What is true is what works
3. Please match the following:
|a. Representationalist view|
b. Antirepresentationalist view
___ 1. Actual states of affairs exist in reality and true beliefs accurately
represent them |
___ 2. No one can climb outside their own perspective to speak of the world "as it really is."
4. A paradigm is (circle one)
5. Deconstruction is (circle one)
6. Match the following:
a. Appeal to ignorance|
b. Appeal to emotion
c. Begging the question
d. Ad hominem
___ 1. Using one term in two or more senses|
___ 2. Circular argument-offering as proof the very thing you are trying to prove
___ 3. Ignore the question and attack the person
___ 4. Appeal directly to a person's hopes and fears, bypassing logic and consistency
___ 5. It must be true because there's no contrary evidence
7. List three (3) of the women's issues you can remember?
8. What is the problem with self-deception? (VERY short answer)
9. What is your topic for the DISSENT & DEBUNKING research project? Note: Each answer missed is worth 6 points.