Chapter 6 Review Questions|
Philosophy 1301 w/ Colby Glass (look up week's date)
Here are the questions suggestioned:
- What is a warrant? (Anna)
- What is correspondence test? (Anna)
- What are theoretical posits? (Colby thinks this is too esoteric.)
- What is the creativity test? (Anna)
- What is ambiguity? (Anna)
- What is beginner's mind? (Colby thinks this is too esoteric.)
- What is the ad hominem thinking error? (Anna)
- What is the appeal to emotion fallacy? (Anna)
Colby would suggest these additions:
- As a test for truth, what is warrantability?
- Do warrants prove truth? Are they the same as truth?
- What is the correspondence test for truth?
- What is the coherence test of truth?
- What is the pragmatic test of truth?
- What is the Ewe creativity test of truth?
- According to Thomas Kuhn, what is a prevailing paradigm in science?
- What are the informal fallacies of appeal to emotion, appeal to authority, begging the question,
appeal to ignorance, ignoring alternatives, ad hominem, and ambiguity?
- What is Jacques Derrida's deconstruction?
Suggestions for a big question:
- What are names of some of the most common fallacies? (Anna)
- Can truth ever be absolute? (Anna)
- What does it mean to be true to yourself? (Anna)