Chapter 7 Review Questions|
Philosophy 1301 w/ Colby Glass (look up week's date)
Here are the questions suggested:
- What is aesthetics?
- What is mimesis?
- What is catharsis?
- What is the beginner's mind according to Zen?
- What is hubris?
- What is impressionism?
- What is axiology?
Questions received from Helen, Sally, AnnMarie, Andrea
Colby would suggest these additions:
- What was Plato's view of art and artists?
- What was Aristotle's view of them?
- What two Greek gods did Nietzsche use to characterize the insights of the tragic poets? What does each represent?
Suggestions for a big question:
- Under what circumstances would a work of
art, in your judgement, be deserving of censorship?
- "Why do people return time after time to a favorite piece of
music or a favorite painting? What is being communicated?" (p.339).
- What is symposion?
- What is eros?
- What is shadow self?
- What are the fallacies of ambiguity?
- What is aesthetic intuition?
- What is being-in-the-world?
- What is the Noetic quality?