Chapter 8 Review Questions|
Philosophy 1301 w/ Colby Glass (look up week's date)
Here are the questions suggested:
- What is dissent?
- What is natural law?
- What is civil disobedience?
- What is the social contract theory?
- What is John Locke's version of the social contract theory?
- What is Thomas Hobbes' version of the social contract theory?
- What is totalitarianism?
- What is anarchism?
- What is wei-wu-wei?
- What is political philosophy?
- Who are some famous dissenters?
Questions received from Helen, Sally,
Colby would suggest these additions:
- What were Plato's and Aristotle's views on political office and who should rule?
- What were John Locke's views on the rights of individuals?
- What were Thomas Hobbes' views on the relation between the individual and the state?
- What is one of the greatest advantages of government by social contract?
- What is Hegel's dialectic?
- Rousseau thought that a state of perfect freedom was possible. Where?
- What were Susan B. Anthony's principle views?
Suggestions for a big question:
- If we create artificial intelligence, Will they have natural rights?
- Why do citizens need civil rights?
- What is symposion?
- What is eros?
- What is shadow self?
- What are the fallacies of ambiguity?
- What is aesthetic intuition?
- What is being-in-the-world?
- What is the Noetic quality?