Chapter 9 Review Questions|
Philosophy 1301 w/ Colby Glass (look up week's date)
Here are the questions suggested:
- Plato defined an effective society as a reflection of what?
- Bentham measures pleasure's what?
- Mill measures pleasure's what?
- Karl Marx believed capitalism was a form of
what : a)corruption b)happy times c)wage slavery
- What are the benefits of Rawl's suggested "original position"; and
what is its definition?
- The idea of consenus is to do what?
- Du Bois's analysis of the psychic division in many African
Americans was what?
- What was Malcolm X's answer to white supremacist ideology, and its effects on the black culture and ideology?
- What is de Beauvoir's term alterity refer to?
- What is communalism?
- What is indivilualism?
- What is the veil of ignorance?
- What did Margaret Sanger fight for?
- What is separatism?
- What is utilitarianism?
Questions received from Theresa, Helen, Sally
Colby would suggest these additions:
- What does Aristotle consider the key to good government?
- What does Marx believes happens to people when they sell their labor?
Suggestions for a big question:
- If we create artificial intelligence, Will they have natural rights?
- Why do citizens need civil rights?
- What is hedonism?
- How does Harriet Taylor Mill's equality of rights for
women differ from Wollstonecraft and Stanton's views?
- What is Karl Marx's view of a "just society"?
- What is Robert Nozick's entitlement theory?